Monday 1 October 2012

THREE LITTLE TAGS - DIDN'T GO TO MARKET!

Hello to you mes blog amies - I hope you are all well and have had at least some crafty time this weekend.  It's not really sun worshipping weather is it - so it could be time for crafting instead.  It's hubby's birthday today - yay!! - he has reached the meteoric age of 65 despite being married to moi!  Does that mean I am married to an OAP or ........ as it said on Loose Women the other day - is he still middle-aged (at least for a few more years).   Anyway he is only as old as he feels!!  I am taking him out to lunch, there's a nice little inn beside the River Trent not far from us and they have lurvely food - yum yum!

I would like to say hello to my new follower - thank you so much for joining in, even though you might regret it after seeing how much I love waffling lol!!!   I am telling you all today that I have my 'procedure' at the dentist on Wednesday.  He is going to do a tooth at the front and is going to drill and rod it!  I, needless to say, didn't ask any more because this is my second phobia (sorry to my blog follower Dr Jaya - you are lovely), my first being those eight-legged beasties of course.   I am telling you this again because I shall be almost useless on Tuesday and totally useless on Wednesday.  Nothing new then!   Anyway back to my post!

I am posting the three tags I made for hubby's birthday presents - they aren't too feminine and I know he likes them because he said so when he took the piccies.  Naturally he has no idea that they will be on his gifts, 'cos I normally forget to make any tags for them!  Ooops. 

I cut the tags out of Kraft card and covered the top half of each one with a variety of papers from Kanban and Joanna Sheen.  I stamped the lower half of each with La Blanche stamps.   My embellishments included FLOWERS (something beginning with F*), hessian, raffia, twine, buttons, brads and ticket tags.

 

 
 
Ingredients:
Kraft card
Twistedwrap Kraft paper
Dotty paper/wine bottle paper - Kanban
Print paper - Joanna Sheen
Ticket shaped tags - Craftwork Cards
Print/Music Score stamps - La Blanche
Sentiment stamps - Magazine freebies
Rose Creation Die - Spellbinders
Swirls diecuts - Marianne Creatables
Hessian - Stick N Mix
Tea Dye DI
Faux Screw Brads/raffia/buttons - stash
Cosmic Shimmer Clear glue
 
I would like to enter my tags in the following challenges- 
ATC's and Cards with Attitude No. 23 - Anything Goes -  http://atcswithattitude.blogspot.co.uk/
Fab 'n' Funky No 140 - Starts with an 'F' - *FLOWERS - http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/challenge-140-starts-with-f.html
Totally Stampalicious - Fall Colours - http://totallystampalicious.blogspot.co.uk/
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Autumn Colours - http://craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/autumn-colours.html
 
I hope you like the tags, thank you so much for stopping by - if you leave a comment for me I am very grateful.  You are all such kind blog friends.
 
Big hugs to you all
 
SUE

20 comments:

  1. Hello dear blogfriend, how are you this grey autumn day? Well what can I say but Amazing..... Oh and fabulous. Your tags are perfect for any gender and it is so lovely to see some inspiration for 'mens crafting items. Thank you for sharing these. I rarely do tags but all your inspirational work has me thinking to do more.
    I actually managed to do some crafting this weekend! I put down my cleaning head put on my crafting one and made some cards for my youngest sons 21st. I hate that I'm going to miss this special day with him away at Uni but that's life. I hope you have a good day. Hugs Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...:D don't be sorry...i can totally understand!!good luck with your procedure!

    And Lovely lovely tags Sue!! i love them all... so vintage and I just love this color!! the flowers the twine..the buttons..the burlap..the lil screw!! everything goes sooo well!!! great work on them!!
    and congratulations on winning at heck of a challenge:)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely stunning tags
    Thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your hubby!! I hope he has a fabulous day.

    Your tags are stunning Sue. I love the colours and textures and such fabulous flowers too.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your hubby! Your tags are fabulous! Love the flowers and the die cuts! Great work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, wishing hubby a very happy birthday too. Your tags are fabulous and I bet he was thrilled to know they were for him. Love everything about them, the designs the materials used and the colours. Congratulations on your win, well deserved I'm sure.
    Will be thinking of you Wednesday and am sure your dentist will look after you but I know it doesn't stop the colly wobbles :).
    Hope by the time you read this you will have enjoyed a wonderful birthday lunch with hubby, love & hugs Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue
    These tags are gorgeous!!! Happy birthday to your hubby and hope you both have a wonderful day :) I'm going to the dentist on Friday but mines just a check-up nothing like yours. Huggles hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific tags Sue!! Your other half will be thrilled that they are his!!!

    Hope all goes well on Wednesday!

    love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning creations! Love all the texture. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie these are all so pretty I love the colours you have chosen, huggles Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous tags love the natural feel to them, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful collection of tags. I love your vintage elements and added touches like the stars on the second tag. Great attention to detail.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue, your beautiful tag at Simon Says immediately caught my eye, because I love making tags, tag cards, and using kraft and burlap. So I had to check it out. WOW, you made three tags. Each one is simply FABULOUS! The added elements add so much interest to the tags. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tags are beautiful! Love all the flowers and the burlap and buttons are a great touch!
    Thanks for joining us at the Craft us Crazy!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue, these tags are gorgeous, I'm really into using burlap at the moment, it's so great for autumnal creations. Sounds like you didn't have the same weather as we did over the weekend, where it was absolutely beautiful and we were outdoors so much I got no crafting done at all! Good luck with the challenges, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just fab Sue brilliantly made! Love all the elements and textures on them! Hope you had a fab day, its my husband's birthday this week too! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sue,
    a belated Happy Birthday to Graham. Congrats on your won in the challenge. Sorry I missed this yesterday, was busy blog hopping on Joanna blog hop.
    Your tags are really fabulous. I bet he was sooooooo pleased when he had them on his presents.
    I hope you both enjoyed your meal. Good luck with the Dentist. I went a couple of weeks ago and I was only in his chair for a check up which took 5mins at the most and so was hubby and that cost the earth.
    I was going to say have wonderful day, but if you have the Dentist maybe not. lol.
    In any rate lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great!! Such gorgeous colours, thanks for sharing it with us at Fab'n'Funky this week

    hugs Vicky xxx

    http://vicky-pawprince.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are awesome sweetie and I am sure hubby will adore them. I am catching up with your creations so already know that the dentist went okay.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning tags, I love the natural look of them - the last one with the script and hessian is beautiful :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx