Tuesday 23 October 2012

ANOTHER TASTE OF MARMITE - YUK YUK OR YUM YUM???

Hello again blog friends - the last week has flown by and I still haven't completed everything I wanted to.  We did do some more gardening though and I have a photograph for you, just to show you the stand that Graham made to put the planters on.  We can see these from the kitchen window and we want to ensure there are trailing plants in there in summer.  The ground is really soggy at the moment so we've had to put some support under each leg of the stand.


This is going to be a lot easier for me as I can't bend too well and I can reach these.  There is a method in his madness - you see!!

Anyway - this is the card I am posting today, it was made earlier this year at the request of my friend.  A friend of hers was approaching a milestone birthday and as she is 'the life and soul of the party' type, it was felt a humerous card like this would really be appreciated.  I had to change the number of years on the sentiment because it actually said "It was a smiley face 50 years ago".

 
As I've said before, I know that, on one hand, many of you don't like these stamps, but on the other, many of you love them - hence the reference to marmite.   This one does make me smile though and I do know that it made the birthday girl giggle - alot!!!
 
Unfortunately this was made prior to me starting my blog and, although it was photographed, I didn't take notes of the paper/card I used.  I think you can see that there are a few Spellbinder dies there and I used some vintage ribbon, buttons and also Dew Drops from my stash.
 
I do hope that some of you like this one as much as I do.  Anything that makes me chuckle is OK by me. 
 
I had five requests for cards last week - but I didn't start any as I was having my week off - now I have to get down to it.  I'm making a 10 year Anniversary card for my next door neighbours to give to their friends.  I also have four 'special' Christmas cards to make for an ex-colleague who I worked with.  He has 18 year old twins - one girl and one boy so, whilst I am blogging, I thought I would ask my blog friends if they know of any funny/jokey/comedy type Christmas stamps that I can use on the card for his 18 year old son.
 
Any thoughts would be really welcome, I don't mind what type of stamp ie solid or digi.
 
I had a look for some challenges yesterday and I would like to enter my card into the following -
 
Anything Goes Challenge No 78 - Make Your Own Embellishments - http://anythingchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-78-make-your-own.html
I love Promarkers Challenge No 139 - Anything Goes - http://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-139-anything-goes.html
Through the Craft Room Door No 41 - Anything Goes - http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/
The Poodles Parlour Challenge - Anything Goes - http://thepoodlesparlour.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/anything-goes.html
Pin And Tack - Spark your Creation No 2 - Anything Goes - http://pinandtack.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-2.html
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge No 74 - Anything Goes - http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-74-anything-goes.html
A & T Emerald Faeries Challenge No 34 - Anything Goes - http://emeraldfaeries.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-34-anything-goes.html
 
Oops nearly forgot - big hugs to you all out there and thanks for stopping by my blog, I love reading any comments you may leave - especially the ones that make me smile!  You should know by now that I have a wicked and warped sense of humour.
 
I will be back soon with a piccy of my blog Candy, I hope you like it when you see it and tell your friends to also check it out.  Once I get to 50 followers I will pick a winner or my hubby and best friend will pick one for me.  Not sure how to do the random gadget thingy so hubby is as random as I get LOL!!!
 
SUE

16 comments:

  1. Your card is such fun Susie. Definately made me laugh. Love your plant stand aswell.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love the plants that will look absolutely gorgeous when they all trail down Sue and what a lovely view to have from your window..we havent had time to sort out our garden because we've just recently moved into this bungalow so all the inside needed doing first lol but loveeeeeeeee the card these made me giggle so much..huggles hunxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,
    I love marmite and also your card. Now which do I like best. Now that would be telling, but the clue is you can't eat this one. lol. Wonderful design as usual. Makes me giggle, the image.
    Your garden looks wonderful no wonder you burn the porridge. My door stops are doing a wonderful job. lol.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun, love the bold red colours and sweet image. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love that image!! and the sentiment is fab :)
    Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers x

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue,

    I don't do funnies myself - but doesn't mean I don't appreciate them!! And this made me giggle. I always think, when I see these young girls with tattood flowers and butterflies on perky bums and boobs, where the image will be in another 30 years or so - and your card shows this so perfectly!! Thanks for the smile! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Sue. Very pretty garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant Sue, certainly gave me a good laugh which was just what I needed today!!
    It's nice to see you back.

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evening Sue and welcome back hope you and Graham had a good week. What a brilliant idea with the stand to hold your planters so you don't need to bend down, whose got a clever husband then lol! Love your card, great colours and although I haven't any of the Ethel and Murray stamps they do make me laugh and the sentiment is fabulous! Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this, certainly made me chuckle!, love the richness of the colours too, thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Susie, it did make me chuckle and I am sure your friend appreciated it too.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is gorgeous.
    thanks for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it...humour keeps us going! Your card is gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge...good luck!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue,
    You do make me laugh, great card and story... LOL.
    If you need any help with linky thingy you know where to come.
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionista Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is stunning! Way beautifully coloured! thanks for joining us at Fussy and fancy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card Sue, thanks for joining us at AGOAC.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx