Wednesday 10 October 2012

SHOW US YOUR TWINCHIES NO 7 - ANYTHING GOES (NO 2)

Good afternoon my lovely blog friends and I must say a huuuuge hello to my new followers it's so nice to have you checking over my blog bits and pieces - thanks to all of you for your comments, you have been truly brilliant with your kind words.
 
We've had a pootle out to the Garden Centre this morning because we had to buy the extra bulbs, soil and plants that were needed to finish off the pots and planters.  The sun has been shining here and it was a really nice drive.  My lovely hubby treated us to a coffee/tea and a piece of cake - they always have home-made cakes yum yum!
 
Anyway I thought that I would post another Twinchie today.  As you probably know by now, I love them and was actually playing about with a few snips and bits to see what I could come up with. 
 
I've had some new dies and was trying them out because I wanted to send some diecuts to a friend. The first one didn't emboss properly, my fault,  so I put it to one side to use (for something or other) later on.  The diecut that didn't emboss properly was the Anja's Square die (which I had been trying to get hold of forevvvva) so I chopped the corner hearts off and stuck/glued/adhered them - whatever floats yer boat - to a snippet of pale turquoisy blue card from my bit box.  I tweaked them a bit to 'cushion' them out a little.  The base card is covered with a teeny morsel of gorgeous handmade paper.  I put the hearts on top of this with Pinflair glue, to keep them raised, and then added some of the teeny tiny punched flowers that I found in my stash a while ago.
 
I know this is a very very simple Twinchie made from bits and pieces but I'm a firm believer in waste not want not and I keep so many snips etc that it is a shame not to use them.    
 

The middles of the flowers are Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA which tended to flatten out on this type of card so I had to tweak them with a cocktail stick as they were drying.  Bit messy!!!

 
I'd like to enter this into the Show us Your Twinchies Challenge No 7 - Anything Goes - http://twinchie-twinchiehotmaillive.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-7-anything-goes.html.

I hope you like my Twinchie.  Thank you for stopping by and checking it out - I would love you to leave a comment, if you have time of course.  Hope to catch up with you all soon, it's wonderful that you are interested in being followers of my meanderings.

Big hugs to you all out there and I wish you happy crafting.

SUE

26 comments:

  1. Love the colours on this Sue its gorgeous huggles hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Twinchie Sue. Love the teal colour and the hearts. Enjoy the rest of your day.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another awesome Twinchie sweetie. Great colours. I have just ordered the Anja Squares dies as I saw them on another blog posting. Glad you enjoyed your cake.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Twinchie Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Sue. The colours are gorgeous and I love the way you have arranged the hearts and flowers.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these little twinchies Sue. I think - I'm sure!- they are probably pretty difficult to make because the spaccce is so limited. Rather you than me - but you do it so well!! love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue,
    I am one who likes to work with larger rather than smaller so I have to agree with Christine on this, making little pieces of work seems to come naturally to you and you do it well. I would panic as I wouldn't know what to put where; but you are really starting to get me thinking that I should at least give it a try. So when I have some spare time I will attempt one, in your honour, but don't hold your breath.
    Can I ask what do you do with them when you have made them? Do you have a display board or a special folder or suchlike dedicated to your twinchies? I bet you could make a fine piece of wall art with all the twinchies.
    Hope you're keeping well. Hugs Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another cute twinchie from you Sue. Love the hearts you have made from your die. I am resisting buying this but don't know for how much longer! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Sue, I love the little twinkles x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh this is super cute, I have been struggling lately with a few dies, Anja square, Cherry Lynn heart to name two who have not cut properly, not to mention Fleur de lis square sticking in the die 3 times, furniture polished soon fixed that one. Anja square works ok with an extra layer of card, I want one of those metal shims which are suppose to work a treat with intricate dies.
    Hope you are well
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, the hearts, the flowers Oh! just everything about it.
    Just thinking it could be a great way of using up all those tiny Dies that seem no earthly use when you see them in the pack.
    Happy Crafting

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are the queen of twinchies Sue and this one is another gorgeous perfect little creation. I agree that it must be difficult to decorate such a small space but you have such a flair for them and what a lovely way to use up those little left over pieces. Glad you had a nice time at the garden centre and got your extra bulbs, plants and compost and you and Graham enjoyed a cuppa and a piece of cake. Keep warm when planting up and don't forget that apron lol! Love & hugs Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous twinchies Sue, thank you for playing along, good luck Hun xx Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never heard the word twin chiefs befor browsing the blogs, they are so sweet and as has been said a good way to make use of ting dies that look as though they are of no use,

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabby stuff here again .. you have a real gift for the old Twinchies !!
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sue,
    what a fabulous twinchie. So creative and the colours are great. I do so love doing these.
    Snap about the garden been sorting mine out too, and planting bulbs. I also visited the garden center too, but I resisted the yummy cakes, boo! hoo!
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous hearts and flowers Twinchie. Love it.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Susie, this is lovely...you're loving the twinchies aren't you?! I'm with you, like using up bits from one of my boxes of bits..lol Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful twinchie, so very pretty xx
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good evening Susie,
    Absolutely gorgeous twinchies, I have to be honest I didn't know what they were till I saw yours :o) looks fabulous!
    Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, love this, it's sooo pretty. Fab colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful twinchie - love it!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sue,
    did you know your twinchie won the challenge . Congratulations
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my - this is just fabulous Sue!!! And someone above (Jenny) says you won the challenge - I should think so too - really well deserved!! Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi to both Jenny and Di - I am so chuffed to have won this challenge - I have put the Twinchie Badge on my blog already!!! Linda (Creative Harmony) calls me a Twinchette - just love it!

      Hugs Sue xxx

      Delete
  25. Hi Sue Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog I really really appreciate them huggles hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx