Sunday 14 October 2012

LAST POST ......... FOR A WEEK ANYWAY!!!

Hi there blog friends - and a massive hello to my new followers.  I had 32 followers last time I looked and now I have 45 - wow I had better sort out some Candy for when I reach the magic 50!!  I already have some things for the prize but I don't have any pics - you will just have to trust me!!! lol! 

Before I have a week away from the laptop, I am posting a card that I made a while ago.  I made it because (at the time) I had never made a bluey-green card and I had just received the Core-dinations Whitewash Collection pad.  I loved it so much that I had to have a play with it there and then.  I had also just received some Sarah Kay rub-ons - I have now used these twice!  The card and floral paper that I used was from my stash - unfortunately I have lost the labels - the dies are Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles and also Oval Window.  I cut two windows and then took out the middle cross section of each one before cutting them in half.


When the window pieces were embossed I gave them a quick rub over with some glass/sand paper.  The whitewash effect came off leaving a beautiful greeny colour underneath (I think this one is called Watering Can).   I put everything together as in the picture and added some little glittered roses!   I put a ribbon down the side - this is from the Vintage collection that Sue Wilson has shown on C & C.

I was quite pleased with the colours, simply because I don't make 'greeny' cards normally.

I hope you like this card - I would have preferred it if I had stamped it and then coloured it, but at the time I didn't have the Sarah Kay stamps only the rub-ons.

I am entering this card in the following challenges
Creative Inspirations No 184 - Anything Goes - http://cinspirations.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-184-anything-goes.html
Crafts and Me No 105 - Anything Goes - http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.in/2012/10/challenge-105-anything-goes.html
Tuesday Alchemy No 35 - Anything Goes - http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-35-anything-goes.html
Vintage Elusions Cards Crafts No 10 - Autumn Colours/Anything Goes - http://vintageelusionscardscrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/
Divas by Design No 56 - Anything Goes - http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.in/2012/10/challenge-56-anything-goes.html
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes - http://craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/anything-goes.html
Deep Ocean No 36 -Anything Goes -http://deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-36-anything-goes.html
Papelitos Challenge No 15 - Anything Goes - http://papelitosstamps.blogspot.com.es/2012/10/challenge-15-anything-goes.html
Creative Moments No 1 - Anything Goes -http://creativemomentsbloggersnetwork.blogspot.co.uk/

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for leaving your comments.  I love reading them - each and every one!!!  Big hugs to you all and I hope you have a little time to craft this week.  I am going to do lots of things that I haven't done for a while - ie bake, sewing (mainly mending), looking for kitchen tiles, more gardening! and anything else I fancy - now now!!

SUE

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sue nice to see you back have missed your gorgeous cards!!!! I have got back into my baking since I became hubbys full time carer its great but I've put on the pounds LOL can you tell me where you got your watermark from for your cards because I really want one ...thanks for all your great comments on my blog huggles hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sue
    Your card is gorgeous. I love the pretty Sarah Kay image with such a beautiful frame and gorgeous colour scheme.
    I hope you have a good week
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sue. The image is really lovely and the backing paper is gorgeous. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,
    a really beautiful card such a fantastic layout. Everything is fabulous. Congrats on your teinchie win. Good luck with the challenges.
    Enjoy your week off. Lots of aches and pain next week after the gardening. lol.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Sue. Love the cute Sarah Kay image. I have the Whitewash pad and haven't use dit for a while.Now you've reminded me I'll have to dig it out again. Clever use of the Oval Window (have you been watching Playschool again?) Enjoy your week off! love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sue I have some of this whitewash coredinations somewhere must dig it out, I think its a 12 x 12 pad too!! Enjoy your week off hope you get lots accomplished x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue, what a pretty card and I love all Sarah Kay images they are just adorable. Your background paper is beautiful and what a great idea making a frame from the oval window die. Colours are fantastic. Enjoy your week off and I hope it will be a very pleasurable one, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great week Sue.

    Sweet Sarah Kaye card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Sue. I adore the effect you have created. Have a good week just doing what you fancy.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey sweetie this is just gorgeous, fabulous design big hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue this is beautiful what a super image I LOVE IT.
    Thank you for letting me know about Jenny's candy , she is such a sweetie and her work is fabulous but I have not been around for a couple of weeks , you are so kind to have alerted me .I Hope you enjoy your week away from your laptop Big Hugs Elaine
    Ps thank you also for your kindness and concern you are so nice to know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic card great colours thanks for joining us at creative moments and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful, I love the image and the papers and those die cuts look fantastic
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Suzie I hope you enjoyed your week away from your PC . Thank you for all the lovely comments you leave me you are so kind .
    My head is still a bit Dizzy, I took a big whollop in the front and the back , I cannot blog or use PC for long periods as I get sick ,and even more so when wearing my glasses. It will pass though, I have been checked over twice now , lucky I didnt beak anything more than a tooth.
    Dad is okay , mum is the same, I am going over there this week on my own , Tim has been taking me over so I can do the wash and iron and he has been doing the shopping for me.
    Thank you again for your kindness , look forwards to seeing more of your creations Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card love the bow .Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx