Sunday 7 October 2012

SHOW US YOUR TWINCHIES - NO 7 ANYTHING GOES

Hello there lovely blog friends, I would like to say a special hello to my new blog follower Susan.  It is great having you following my blog wafflings.  

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments made about my last post - the inspiration coming from when I was in the dentist's chair - yuk!    My blog friend Susan F (Craftin' Suzie) made me giggle when said she spent her time staring at the clock, willing it to go round so that she could escape.   Unfortunately my dentist doesn't have one in the surgery, so my alternative is to either look up his nose (I can just about see that far without my glasses on) or close my eyes tightly ..... you can see what I do ..... I shut my eyes and think of cards of course!!!

I was going to do some tidying up today and then I was going to sort out my new dies but, as usual, I was distracted and decided to do a Twinchie instead.  I covered my 2" piece of card (such a job and a half - lol) with EcoGreen paint then painted some cogs and shapes from EcoGreen.  I stamped the base with a floral stamp then stamped across the cogs/shapes with a music score stamp.  I went around all the edges with a Zig silver pen.

When these were all dry, I stuck them onto the base with Cosmic Shimmer Clear glue and added a few 'pearls' made from Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA.  I found a lovely brad in my stash and stuck it through a flower in the opposite corner.


Ingredients
EcoGreen Eco Friendly Paints - Stormy, Lake, Aged Silver, Periwinkle and Pomegranate
La Blanche Floral and Music Score Background Stamps
Cosmic Shimmer Clear Glue
Cosmic Shimmer Dark Bronze and Pearlescent PVA
EcoGreen Shapes
Zig Silver Calligraphy Pen
Flower/Fancy Brad from stash

I hope you like this, I will be entering it into the Show us Your Twinchies challenge No. 7 - Anything Goes - http://twinchie-twinchiehotmaillive.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-7-anything-goes.html.

Thank you for stopping by my blog, I love reading your comments so I do hope you have time to leave a word or two.

Bigs hugs to you all

SUE

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sue. I love all the tiny detailing.

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Sue will have to have a go at doing a twinchie one day...huggles hun xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well ... what a stunner here! A great twinchie Sue... worth getting inky for!
    Thank you so much for entering the Twinchie Challenge and for the really great comments you left on my blog ... so kind of you .... I am your latest follower!
    Have a good week.
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,
    what a wonderful twinchie. I like the flower made out of ribbon. Fabulous design.
    Good luck in the challenge.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Twinchie is adorable Sue, love those gears and nuts and how you have stamped on them! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sweetie,
    I have been trying to think of a name for you now you are making these delightful twinchies so often and doing them so well and I have decided it will be.........
    TWINCHETTE. lol!!
    So dearest Twinchette, another cute and striking creation and so 'now' with the Steampunk theme. Have a great day
    Hugs Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love these twinches Sue and you have such a flair for them. Fabulous design and think I MIGHT be warming towards steam punk but backside still sitting on the fence lol! Have a lovely Monday, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Stunning Sue, thank you for playing along with Show us your twinchies challenge, good luck Hun xxx Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous twinchie Sue! Love the colours! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Twinchie. Love the background, and all the gears and cogs look fabulous. Great attention to detail.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome Susie, fabulous background and cogs.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous sweetie, I love your colours too, perfect, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a great creation, love it. I've just become a follower of your blog too.
    You left a comment to say you were pleased that your friend Jenny had won the prize on my blog, sorry to bother you but could you prompt her to email me her address as I don't want her to miss out on her prize, I have left her a comment but not sure if she's seen it as I've not heard from her. Thanks ever so much for your comment on my card too. Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is fab....I'm not usually a 'steampunky' fan, but you've made this look feminine too, so I love it. Good luck in our challenge, it's so good to have you joining in xx
    Barbara DT (I'm now following too)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx