Tuesday 2 October 2012

DOWN ON THE FARM - HUBBY'S BIRTHDAY CARD

Hi there my lovely blog friends this is the card I made for hubby's birthday.  Bless him, he doesn't look or act his age which is good 'cos as you may realise by now, I am as mad as a box of frogs and he has to put up with me! 

I do have trouble with male cards - however, this sketch is on the Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge blog and I really liked it so thought I would use it for his card.  Then I found the stamp and remembered that he spent a lot of time on his uncle's farm when he was very young.  Apparently his uncle taught him to drive his tractor when he was only 6 - for any H&S peeps out there, yes we all know this was naughty but it was a few years ago now - lol!  I just thought this would remind him of when he was a young boy and how much fun he had then.  Not as much fun as he has now of course!!!!!   Perhaps putting the 65 on was a tad wicked, but it made him laugh and he then thought I had polished off two bottles of beer to get the tops - as if!  I have a bag of them in my stash -naturally.  

Now for the rest of the card, the button and hessian tied the card in with the tags and also gave it a little more texture - as did the crushed glass glitter.  Anyway he loved it and was chuffed to bits with it all.  I even took him a cup of tea in bed, something he usually brings me - before you think blimey she's spoilt (lol), I do have trouble in the mornings - until I have been up for a while -because I am not too steady on my feet, plus my back is worse then (I'm sticking to that one).  He did wonder why the tide was out (not sure if you know what I mean here, but it's something we say when a cup of tea isn't full to the brim) so I said it was either that or it would have been slopped on each of our 13 stairs, meaning he wouldn't get a full cup either way!

 
For information, I had decorated the inside with the star paper and a star circle but I had written something mushy on it so hubby decided to keep it to himself - bless.
 
Ingredients
6x6 Pearl card
Core-dinations card
Tractor stamp - Pilkington Transport Two
Dovecraft Super Value 12x12 papers
M-Bossabilities Kickin' Rubber Folder
Spellbinders Circle Die
Spellbinders Star Die
Sentiment from LOTV
Tea Die DI
Stampendous Frantage Champagne Glass Glitter
Hessian/button/bottle tops and glaze from stash
Cosmic Shimmer clear glue/Pinflair Glue Gel/foam pads
 
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges - 
The Squirrel and the Fox No 27 - Celebrate the Occasion - http://thesquirrelandthefox.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/challenge-27-celebrate-occasion.html
Charisma Cards No 38 - For the Guys -http://www.charismacardz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/challenge-38-something-for-guys.html
Patties Creations No 53 - Anything Goes (must use stamped image) - http://pattiescreationschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/challenge-53-theme-is-anything-goes.html
Fat Pages with Attitude No 23 - Anything Goes - http://fatpageswithattitude.blogspot.co.uk/
ATCs/Cards with Attitude No 23 - Anything Goes - http://atcswithattitude.blogspot.co.uk/
 
I hope you like this card, thank you for stopping by, I am so pleased when you leave a comment - especially when they make me giggle - you know who you are!!  Take care blog friends and I hope you get some crafty time today.
 
Big hugs to you all
 
SUE


22 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    Well well what a spoiled little lady, tea in bed every morning aye?!! It's no wonder you always sound so chipper when you start the day this way.... Can I come to stay for a week! Lol. Well it sounds to me like you have a hubby worth every ounce of work you put into this lovely creation. I hope he had a fabulous day and it was a birthday to remember. Take care of yourself. Hugs Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! this is wonderful Sue. I love the way you have added the detailing with all that brilliant texture and great colours too.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same honey. That's where I struggle with make cards but I must say you've done and excellent job with your card. I love it!!! I like the colours and the papers you've used. There's texture and the topper is just ideal. Thanks for commenting kn my blog too. Take care. Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card - men's cards are so very hard to do. Love that tractor stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card with fabulous embossing. Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Card this week and good luck !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card Sue, I like the image and the embossing,Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Sue, no wonder he loved it! My mum always said "Half filled souls don't go to heaven" if given a cup o.f tea which wasn't full to the brim. (I come from a Christian family as you probably gathered.)He must also have been thrilled with the role reversal of tea in bed. I guess once a year you can manage it!! love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely male card Sue!!! I soo very much like the idea of using the beer bottle caps and the stamp is awesome!! thanks for the ideas on male cards ... i am so much wanting to make a mini and a card for my bf and your work is such a great inspiration!!loved the tags and now this awesome card!!! great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!!!! what a fab card Sue I bet your hubby loved it :))) I find it so hard to do male cards LOL thanks for some inspiration huggles hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, what a great male card and a super use of the bottle tops you clever thing. If you dont' mind and if the stamp is still available I would like to use this on my hubby's birthday card. When I met him all those moons ago he was working on the farm so it would be very apt, oh those were the days young and in love now I'm old but still in love lol! Hope you have had an enjoyable Tuesday, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue,
    I think you have got another winner here. Fantastic Male card. Love, love, love, everything about it.
    Now what am I doing wrong I'm the one that makes the tea in the morning in this house. lol. Mind you the other half is like you in the morning not very good, or so he professes.lol. We have an agreement I make the tea in the morning and he makes it in the afternoon, but the mornings does interfere with my blog hopping. lol. A note to myself must learn to blog on 2 feet. lol.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! love your post,great read about the cuppa :)
    I can see why hubby loved this card,it is very special Sue and love the image- yummy tied button too.hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue, lovely card for your husband, he must have been over the moon with it. The bottle caps are a great idea. In our house hubbie makes coffee in the morning in the week and I make it at weekend :).
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww Sue, this is brilliant! I avoid man cards where possible! This is a job well done, I love the image and the dies are perfect! The bottle caps are brilliant. Thank you for taking the time to tell me about Hazel's shading tutorial - I'd never thought of masking the image. Brilliant! Thanks for the heads up! Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Sue! I just love those bottle caps and that image is just awesome. Great embossing as well.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft us Crazy!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card - a real success.
    Thankyou for joining us on our birthday challenge this month on CC
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card Sue I bet your husband was thrilled to bits!! Love the image and the age in the bottlecaps! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic card. I know your hubby has adored it as much as me. I love your layout it is awesome.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey sweetie this is absolutely gorgeous :0)) Hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super card. Thank you for joining us at Sketch n Stash.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sue: You made such a great fall mascline card--I love it. We're thrilled you entered it in Simply Create Too's Challenge #23 - Autumn/Fall.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a great card. I love that tractor image and how you embedded it in a wonderful layout!Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too Fall Challenge #23!
    Jennifer C. Simply Create Too DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx