Sunday 31 May 2015

OSAAT DT - CHALLENGE NO 238 - ANYTHING GOES WITH FLOWERS


Hi there peeps!  I'm posting another card for the OSAAT challenge today and as our theme is AG with flowers I chose this gorgeous 'Purple Orchid' image from Coosty Creations at Stitchy Bears Digi Outlet.   I thought I would colour this in pink and burgundy ........ could I get it right ....... could I treacle!   I tried three times but it just didn't look right, then I had a brainwave .... use the colour suggested in the title of the image!!!  So I did another purply coloured card - I just couldn't help it .. honest.  I think orchids are truly amazing, so many different varieties and shapes, I hadn't really noticed them until we went on holiday to the Maldives and, on the way, we had a few days in Dubai.  We stayed in a rather posh hotel (fine until I opened me mouth)  - you know the one shaped like a huge sail on a dhow (not wanting to name drop here - so I won't)  and apart from having 27 phones in the suite there were pots of orchids growing everywhere and in sooooo many colours, I was in my element!!  I've loved them ever since and my colouring doesn't do this justice at all - but I tried!  


As you can see, I haven't finished off the inside of the card 'cos I spent so much time doing different colours I literally ran out of time!
I didn't want to put a sentiment on here because I wanted to keep it for my 'box' of cards so I'll put one on when I need it.  I did think it would be nice to depict what an orchid means in the flower world, so I looked it up and found that it has several meanings, amongst them - love, beauty, refinement, flower of magnificence.  Perfect words for such a perfect flower.

Ingredients

7" x 7" White card blank - Anna Marie Designs
Image - 'Purple Orchid' - Coosty Creations at Stitchy Bears Digi Outlet
Eleganza die - Tattered Lace Dies
Beloved Borders die - Tattered Lace Dies
Embossing Folder - I think this could be from Creative Expressions but not sure
Graph'it Markers
Lace - Brenda's Lace and Ribbon Specials on Facebook
Pearls - Lelli-bot Crafts

Let us see what you can do with your flower images or dies etc, you have two weeks to get your creations in and here's an image of the prize you can win - digis and papers!



Thank you for checking out my flowery card this fortnight.  Thanks also for all your lovely comments - especially those about my weight loss - which now stands at 28lbs, as of last Wednesday - woo hoo!  2 flippin' stones - who would have thought it!!!

Big hugs to you all and please take care of yourselves - there's a special huge hug to anyone who might need one just now.


Sue xxx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges -

29 comments:

  1. Wow Sue this is just so beautiful with the monochromatic purple colouring. Loving the lace and embossing.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card Sue, lovely die-cut details too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue this is simply gorgeous, love the beautiful lilac shades, the lace is so lovely too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, WOW, WOW - this creation is just pure magic :) You did an awesome job with the orchids, not an easy flower to colour lol. Orchids are my favourite flower, even had for wedding bouquet and every now and again I treat myself to a few in my craft room :) Thank you so much hunny for your incredible patients with this creation you have done Coosty proud :) :) :) bug hugs, Jane xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful Sue!! I just love it all!!! Big hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty!! Such perfect colouring, love the die cuts and the pretty pearls, not to mention the exquisite lace!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Agnes it is really gorgeous!! love the die cuts and your colouring is fab such a beautiful card...see you soonnnnnn in Juneeeee LOL xxxxxxxx Winnie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, thanks for playing along with our ATG Challenge @ Dream Valley this week. Good Luck
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue
    Marvellous card. Adore orchids. I have 16 of them, 6 of which are currently flowering so this is right up my street.
    Well done you on the weight loss. Reckon I'll be a kilo lighter when all my chicken pox scabs drop off lol! (Apologies to anyone eating their tea).
    I know which hotel you mean. The Dubai Travelodge is indeed an architectural delight. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Sue, I love orchids. I've been to that hotel for a dressy dinner do and afternoon tea...not stayed though - lucky you! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS Congrats on the weight loss too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Sue, I like the floral image and the colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous and beautiful card Sue thank you for joining us this week at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog
    Dianne x
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue
    Not had an email matey. . . . . . Hope it was nothing rude lol! Sue J and Nurse Harrop have my email address. I don't have it public on the blog to protect the innocent hahaha!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your colouring of the orchids is really incredible. You can certainly tell they are a favourite flower of yours with all the time and detail. So very glad you shared this gorgeous card with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your orchid orchid is perfection, Soupie! What better color could it be, after all, and you have showcased it elegantly! Your posh hotel in Dubai sounds, well, posh!! Just saying Dubai makes me lift my chin!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty creation Sue.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card Sue well worth all the effort you put into it. Thank you for sharing with us at the Paper Shelter, good luck. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card- Love all the dies you used....good luck with your entry at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card
    Thanks for joining us at a gem of a challenge
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello again
    Back to thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at the paper shelter too
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, Sue! I love the different shades of purple and your details are amazing! So glad you shared this with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sooooo beautiful - that is AWESOME !!! :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    OSAAT Teamie

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning sweetie, I am so very sorry I never got by to say how gorgeous your card was last week, a very hectic week, I hope you can forgive me, thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter <3 Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice card! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.
    /Pillan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a pretty card, thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday for our Pretty in Purple Challenge, Emma DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sue, you couldn't have done better if you had planned it this way from the start! Gorgeous, love your layout and great colors. Maggie - DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very beautiful and elegant card. Great composition and colors.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx