Monday 4 May 2015

CRAFTY CALENDAR CHALLENGE - MAY - 'THINGS WITH WINGS'


Good afternoon again peeps - this is the final card on this run and is a DT card for Crafty Calendar - the theme being 'Things with Wings'.  I think I went a tad overboard 'cos I chose various critters with wings, not only did the image have butterflies and ladybirds on it, the paper had bees and dragonflies on it and then I attacked my dies and found ... ladybirds, butterflies and bumblebees!!!


Bumblebees really are my favourite insect - the latin word is 'Bombus' - it just rolls off the tongue!  We've had several of them 'nesting' in the garden over the past few years and they are amazing!  Sorry - I'm orf on a waffle again aren't I.  Will get back to my card before I send you all to sleep!  I used a die I've had for a while (please note Sue J) although I've not used it before.  This is a Spellbinder die called 'Dahlia' and I used it to make the card blank.

Ingredients

White Pearlescent card - Crafters Companion
Day Dream Believing - Sassy Cheryl 
Best of 'Susan Wingett' 12 x 12 paper pad - K and Co
Blue/Yellow card - Core'dinations cardstock
Grand Big Scallop Circle die - Spellbinders Dies
Grand Dahlia die - Spellbinders Dies
Small Butterfly die - Elizabeth Dies
Ladybug die - Elizabeth Dies
Pippi Butterfly die - Memory Box Dies
Mini Bumblebee die - Cottage Cuts Dies
Graph'it Markers
Stardust Stickles

It's a bit bright, it's a bit busy but I like this one!  I think it would be great for a little girl's birthday.  You don't have to use insect type images or dies - there are fairies and angels - all with wings - so you can make a card using whatever you prefer!  I would love to see your creations in our challenge this month.

Whilst I'm here on a waffle - has anyone found plants missing from their garden ponds???  Seriously though, we bought a few plants last week for our newly 'refurbished' pond and these included two floating water hyacinths and two floating 'cabbage leaf' type plants, apparently they oxygenate the water.  Yesterday the maestro came charging up to my craftroom to tell me that one of the water hyacinths had disappeared (absolutely no trace at all) and this morning he's just informed me that one of the 'cabbage leaf' types has also disappeared.  We've had to put fishing line around them and attached them to stones in the middle of the pond to stop them floating to the side!!!  My guess is that the squirrels fancy a bit of salad and, when the wind blows the plants to the edge, they are just right for little squirrel paws.  I wouldn't mind, but we pay good money for bloomin' monkey nuts and they've left these ..... for the moment!!!

Water Hyacinth on the left 

Oh well - if anyone has had this happen to them and can confirm that it is squirrels the maestro would love to know!!

Big hugs to you all and thank you for your comments on my earlier cards - you are all stars and I really don't deserve such good blog friends.


Sue xxx

I would like to enter my card into the following 10 challenges -


19 comments:

  1. What a great card Sue and I love all your "things with wings". It's been a while since I've used a Sassy Cheryl so thanks for reminding me how fab they are. Can't help solve the missing water plant mystery I'm afraid, we don't seem to have problems with ours being pinched!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Sue, love the shape and all the beautiful insect die-cuts too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the ladybugs, so cute! Thank you for entering the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge , “Anything Goes”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Sue, loving all your wings! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Agnes I can't solve your pond problem my brothers koi were being rapidly depleted by a heron but that doesn't help at all does it??? giggling here...grasshopper might have nicked it!!!! lots of hugglesssssssssssss Winnie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute card, I love, love, love those ladybirds. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ganz super gemacht. Danke für die Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, I adore all of your "Things with Wings"!! And your colouring is lovely - thanks so much for joining our May challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love all the dies you have used, the image is so sweet!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue - I LOVE your humor! Reading your posts is always fun for me! And your card reflects your personality - a gal who isn't afraid of "frogs & snails & puppy dog tails"! Or in this case - bees & bugs & butterfly's knees... [I had to make it rhyme! *giggle*]. Card is so perfect for my grand daughter - a little tom boy who loves bugs and spiders and squirmy things - I will have to make a version of this for her! Oh yeah, back to your card! The coloring is really well done, I especially like what you have done with her hair. I love the unique card shape, and of course you already know how I feel about the embellishments! Delighted you are sharing this project & your creativity at Aud Sentiments!
    ~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#130 – Things with Wings]
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so lucky to have bumblebees nesting in your garden, I understand that are in decline through a lose of suitable habitat. Fab card, such a cute image and wonderful embellishments. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is absolutely stunning. Thanks for joining the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, A lovely project, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this fortnight. Simply Papercrafts Good luck. We would love to see you again for our next challenge.
    Chrissy (Challenge Blog Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week :) Fabulous card! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful card.
    Thanks for joining us at the Stempelsonnen challenge.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  17. 'You make me smile' did make me smile. Lovely card with lots of details.
    thanks for sharing with us in the Craft for the Craic challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. First of all I want to tell you how lucky you are to have a water feature! I am green with envy...lol I love water features and drool over them at the garden shops.

    Your card is so fun and bright. Love the shape , the colours and the cute image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx