Saturday 2 May 2015

CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ROUND - MAY CHALLENGE - 'VINTAGE CHRISTMAS'



Afternoon everyone - here I am with another DT card for the Christmas Cards All Year Round challenge.  I have a little confession here - Christmas cards are my absolute favourites, I just lurve making them.   It must be the glitter, the snow, the snowflakes, robins, holly, poinsettias ...... etc etc.  What's not to like??

Anyway our theme this month is 'vintage', which is another great pick .. and it's never, ever too early to start on your Christmas creations!




I used a rubber stamp from La Blanche for this card - I've had it for years and it's a great one for this type of theme.  My papers are from My Minds Eye and they are truly gorgeous, quite vintage looking and distressed too!!!  I chose three papers and put one of the three inside the card.  I piled a few 'flakes on top of each other for the embellishments, I cut these out of white coated Core'dinations card then sanded off the white to reveal the core colour underneath.  I inked the edges of the image and them popped some embossing ink around the edge before dipping in gold embossing powder - love this effect.

Ingredients

7" x 7" White Card blank - Anna Marie Designs
Vintage Sleigh - La Blanche White rubber stamps
Signature Christmas by Jen Wilson - 12" x 12" My Minds Eye card pad
Bristol Snowflake die - Memory Box Dies
Snowflake die ref DIE024X - IO Dies
Happy Christmas die - Cheery Lynn Dies
Pearls - Brenda's Lace and Ribbon (sold on Facebook)
Stardust Stickles
Tea Dye Distress Ink

I hope you can join in our challenge this month, pop over to CCAYR to check out the cards made by my teamies.

Watch out for another post tomorrow!  Take care of yourselves and I'm sending another big hug to you all, thanks loads for stopping by and having a read of my waffles.

Hugs to everyone


17 comments:

  1. This is a really lovely example of vintage Sue. The stamp is perfect as are the papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I mean "vintage", Sue...not "vintage Sue"!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 'vintage Sue' is a perfect description - and made me giggle!!! :) :)

      Hugs Sue Pxxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Sue, lovely vintage card, wonderful image and papers, great layout too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vintage card Sue. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely vintage card Sue. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vintage feel and the snowflake diecuts are gorgeous! Thank you for entering the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge , “Anything Goes”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage feel and the snowflake diecuts are gorgeous! Thank you for entering the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge , “Anything Goes”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that it's never too early to start on your Christmas cards. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Your Scrapbook Place challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for joining the challenge at HIMCR!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great vintage card & design!
    Glad you could join us for the challenge at Your ScrapBook Place, hope to see you come back soon!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ YSBP~DT ~
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. so lovely thanx for joining us at SOC good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely vintage card. Thanks for joining us at Your Scrapbook Place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful vintage card, that's a really cool image. Trying to get caught up on my commenting, I'm glad I didn't miss your lovely card!

    Hugs
    Brenda B
    CHNC Extra DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx