Tuesday 12 May 2015

LAST YEAR'S BIRTHDAY CARD FOR KATIE !!

Hello there peeps - first of all bad news - the water hyacinths are no more!  Some dratted critter has nobbled the other one!  I wouldn't care but the maestro had tied some twine around it and 'anchored' it to a brick in the middle of the pond and .... just to put the tin lid on it .... not only did he/she knick the plant but the twine and lump of brick have also gone .... nowhere to be found!   The plant that looks like cabbage leaves is still there, hanging on like grim death to it's own bit of brick.    Anyone seen a squirrel with huge 'guns' looking like a cross between Arnie and Rambo???

Oh well c'est la vie!  I thought I would post a card that I made in July last year!  It's one I made for Katie (next door), she's mad about trampolines and spends hours on the one in her garden.  Sorry if this is a little picture heavy!




 This is the box - as you can see I left it quite plain this time although I lined it with co-ordinating paper from the same paper pad.
Ingredients

Digi image - Colouring pages on the internet
'Valentine' card - American Crafts
'Country Meadow' paper pad - LOTV
'Chasing Rainbows' doily die - Cheery Lynn Dies
'Mystical Embrace' die - Spellbinders Card Creator Dies
'Venetian Accent' die - Tattered Lace Dies
'Happy Birthday' die - Memory Box Dies
Alphabet die - Memory Box Dies
Small Sentiment - LOTV Clear Stamps
Lace, Pearls, Charm, Ribbon, 'Spiders' web' - Stash
Flowers - WOC
Flexmarkers and Wink of Stella pen

I hope you like this one, I know that Katie was really pleased with it.   Thanks for popping over and checking my Planet out, I do love reading your comments - and there have been some truly amazing ones.   I've kept my promise and have started commenting on my friends blogs again, you've made some lovely cards etc so I've been really pleased to pop over and see them.  

Take care all of you and I'll be back again soon, oh and just before I leave I thought I would give you an update on the weight 'thing'.  As of this morning I've lost 24.5 lbs and as I've said before this is purely through a change of eating habits and no particular diet.  There's still loads to go before I will ever be slim lol and at my age I don't want to be really slim 'cos I'd have to tie all that excess skin in a knot and bung it somewhere!

Big hugs to you all and if you are feeling a little bit poorly, I hope you are soon on the mend again.


Sue xxx

19 comments:

  1. Oh this is a smasher of a card Sue, a beautiful image and papers with some lovely die-cut elements too. I'm sure Katie she was thrilled with this card. Good news about the weight loss and you are right you don't want to lose too much at once but well done for getting this far, it's something I should be acting on too. Take care.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card Sue, sooo girlie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! My! Word! what a brilliant card.
    Fantastic image and a great design.
    Wonderful news on your weight loss, I need to loose some but I keep falling off the wagon.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. An absolute beauty of a card and box. Love it. Had problems with squirrels a few years ago eating everything in sight and getting into attics etc. Cured the eating by straying with really hot pepper juice and trapping them as quickly as possible. We relocated almost 100 of them. This is a suburb town so that is a lot of squirrels.

    Hugs and Blessings
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Sue, I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue me wonderful blogging matey.
    Another of your gorgeous creations here.
    Love your fab design, and that image is ace, and just right for a 10 year old that loves the trampoline.
    I can see she is popular with you as you have decorated the inside lovely, and I know from a little birdie, that's you, that you only decorate the inside of special cards.
    Now we are more than blogging mateys as we have nearly lost the same amount of weight. Hooray.
    So our Double DD are on the way out. lol.
    It's amazing what you can loose by just eating properly, isn't it.
    Sorry to hear about you plant.
    My son had a snake in his pond once, and I shudder to think what else lurks in there.
    My stepson who lives in Notts has had a family of foxes living underneath his shed.
    Love and biggest hugs to all in the P household.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at the Come And Get It challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue
    Rambo Squirrel? More like Johnny Wiesmuller if it swims as well lol! And what were Donny and Blossom doing to miss the theft? (Well, nothing rude obviously as Donny hasn't got his Wiesmullers anymore, bless)
    Anyhoo, I digress. This is the perfect card for a 10 year old trampolinist. Just the right level of girlie and pinkness.
    Your cards are always beautifully put together.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. Love all the embellishments and the glittery sparkle. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a very pretty card Sue and so beautifully coordinated and embellished.

    Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is extremely pretty. Love the details you have added. Thanks for joining us this fortnight. Lisa DT Scribble and Scrap Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Sue! What an incredibly beautiful card - I love your choice of papers and layers - so pretty! Katie will love it. Your coloring is always so pretty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colour combo here and gorgeous result in your lovely creation.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty Sue, love it. Shame about your water hyacinth though. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your very fit pink card. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, great colours and your lace and flowers are lovely. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work! Love the color scheme and how well the design elements complement each other. Very nicely crafted. Thanks for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the image so cute and all the detail on the card too. Awesome! Thanks for joining us at the stamping boutique challenge blog -Annalisa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely card...thanks for taking part at Creative Corner Challenges


    Love Mel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx