Wednesday 1 August 2012

LADY IN GOLD!

I have just decided (it does take me a long time to make any decision!!) to enter this card into Hels Sunday Stamper Challenge - 216 Gold.  I am not sure whether I am doing this right so please bear with me.

My hairdresser asked me to make her a card for her daughter's birthday as she was going to be 21.  I  made this card for her in March and she was pleased with it.


She had requested blue and gold and asked for an old style stamp.  I had showed her some of my collection and she picked out 3  stamps, then told me to choose.

I used a piece of white card which I inked over with Distress Ink (I chose a mixture of blues) I then stamped a few twirly foliage bits in Versamark ink and then embossed them in gold.

I stamped the image with Coffee Adirondack  ink and dabbed the edges with Versamark and embossed in gold.  I layered both pieces on blue card and added a few 'handcrafted roses' from Craftime.  I popped a blue grosgrain ribbon down the side and added a small key as a 21st token.

Hope you like this.

Thanks for stopping by - hugs to you all.


Sue

9 comments:

  1. Hi again Sue,
    This vintage style card is gorgeous I can see you have worked really hard on this one. Lots of delightful detailing with the gold embossing and that image is stunning.
    I bet this was very well received by the hairdressers daughter.
    I haven't managed to get up to the craftroom yet but hoping to in the next hour. Fingers crossed.
    Have a great evening. Big hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! LOVE IT... and am sure the recipient will treasure such a special card.. and yes, you are doing it right :O) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper, hope to see you playing along again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a really gorgeous card I love it well done you xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, this is a really beautiful card, I love the stamp and the layout...I am sure the recipient was absolutely thrilled with it! Sunday Stampers is a great challenge to play along with, it's not a competition, I find it makes me think 'outside the box' and since I started I feel a need to participate every week :) Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole, thank goodness it isn't a comp. I would be tooooo nervous. I think the Challenge idea is a lovely way to show work and the way you interpret the challenge. My mind has sudden flashes and then nothing for ages LOL!!!

      Thanks for your lovely comments.

      Hugs Sue P xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Sue, you are not alone with your sudden flashes and then nothing for ages - thank goodness! Your card is stunning, love all the elements and that blue ribbon seems to make the whole thing pop - beautiful. A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stamping sue , what a super image , fabulous card well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely romantic feel to this card. Gret stamp. Love the use of the blue - makes it pop. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty vintage style card xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx