Hello there blog friends and a special hello to my new followers - at last I have finished my tag!!!! I am so happy that I am unblocked - so to speak. I was going to call it something slightly different but, in the back of my mind, I have a feeling it is probably a naughty book!!
Anyway, I covered the tag in pale 'word printed' paper and then dabbed chalk ink onto it through several 'That Special Touch' masks. I cut the foliage, butterfly and label using my Spellbinders. I found the birdcage in my 'bit' box and can't remember who made the die without foraging!
Before this came into my brain though, I decided I must use some of the Frantage glitter - hence the gold streak! Prior to making up the Bitty Blossoms in white handmade paper, I stamped over them with a background script stamp just to add a bit of interest. I used some pale green printed paper for the solid butterfly and then added touches of chalk ink over the embossed bits. The top of the butterfly is cut in parchment. The label was stamped in Maroon Archival ink and I also inked around the edges. I popped some little pearls into the centres of the flowers and glued two flowers inside the birdcage. No trapped birdies for me. Just before I glued the butterfly to the tag, I scrunched a small piece of 'Spider Web' and placed it underneath the butterfly. A little bit of ribbon at the top of my tag finished the project.
And here it is ...
Now that my hubby is taking the pics for me, I have asked him to do some close ups of various bits.
The piece of white plastic underneath is not part of the tag - just something to prop it up!
I hope you like this - thanks for stopping by and for all your comments.
Hope my next project doesn't take me as long.
Hugs to you all