Sunday 4 May 2014

CCC(10) - KAREN B'S THEME - POINSETTIAS

Good afternoon peeps and blogsters and a special welcome to my new follower Desire - thank you so much for becoming the latest peep on Planet Susie - I hope you enjoy my blog.

Well folks this is a week earlier than normal but the dates were 'jiggled' so that we would finish our cards at the right time before Christmas.  I noticed this change when it was first made and then .... completely forgot about it, so I have had to do a really really quick card - I started this at 10.30am this morning and finished it at about 2.45pm - as you know this is just like greased lightning for me!!!  Very CAS and almost flat (the poinsettias will flatten down more for posting)  and there's not a coloured image in sight!  I also managed to use several snippets of card in here so I shall be visiting the playground - any volunteers to give me a push on the swings!!!


Thank goodness it wasn't like the last theme which, despite it being a brilliant challenge, took me ages to decide which colour to go with the black and white design.  I was working on that one for 5 days!!!

Ingredients

6" x 6" white card blank - Create and Craft
Merry Christmas - Cheery Lynn Dies
Poinsettias (three sizes) - Britannia Dies
Elegance Embossing Folder - Die'Sire Embossalicious
Snippet of gold/red Mirri card - stash
Snippets of plain red/green card - stash
Beads - stash

I am quite chuffed at the way it turned out, I don't make many CAS cards but have been pleased twice now - perhaps that's the way I shall have to go in future, the trouble is I love all me twiddly bits and me colouring in!!

I hope you are all having a good Bank Holiday weekend.  Poor Graham has just about finished off decorating the dining room (with a bit of my help .....) it took him longer than normal because he had to re-plaster the wall under the window.  He did this a while ago and then let it dry so upheaval has been reigning heavily in the Casa Passa!  These things happen when your house is about 125 years old I suppose.  Oh and his back is hurting him so I have sympathised and offered to rub it with a blue brick and linament.

I shall be off now, it's nearly tea-time and afterwards I have to prepare another post to show my first card for the Crafty Calendar Challenge blog.  Sooooo excited!!

Please take care and I am sending virtual cuddles to all my friends who are poorly at the moment.  Get well soon.

Lots of hugs and May the Fourth be with you!!!  (Sorreeee)


37 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sue I love love love your poinsettias. Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wonderful classy card Sue - gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Sue, your poinsettias are fabulous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue love your poinsettias on this beautiful card. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas all the way Sue! You would not even need the sentiment to know this was a Christmas card. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Design just perfect for our challenge over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday Thank you for joining us,it is much appreciated without you we would have no challenge, I do hope you will join us again for another fab challenge nest week.... Good luck in the draw...
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, I really love this CAS card!! Gorgeous and very elegant! Love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stylish and elegant Christmas card. We were all caught on the hop with this re-scheduled challenge I think.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue
    Firstly, can I say I loved your last two cards, the pearly white Christmas one in particular but Blogger has been a pain and won't let me comment on them!
    Very festive poinsttias, fab detailing on them. Congrats on the new DT appointment too.
    Tummy tickles for Gert and Son and Graham too if the fancy takes you!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That should be Gert and Don lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sue, this is a beautiful card...gorgeous poinsettias! Congrats on the new DT role..hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an elegant card Sue and the embossing looks very classy! Thanks for joining us at the Holly Jolly Christmas challenge.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So elegant and beautiful! Thank you for joining us at ABC challenge. Good luck and be sure and join our next challenge. I love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I finished mine in the wee small hours of Sunday morning and then couldn't post till this evening. You have made a gorgeous card. Very elegant and classy. Hugs Mrs a. (CCC).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, the gleam of the gold against that embossing looks so rich! Your poinsettias are just The Right Decoration for this card. So very pretty. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. This has a very regal look, Sue. I think it is the fabby mirri card! Your poinsettias are so beautiful!

    Poor Graham...hope his back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Sue, this is positively stunning!!! Very elegant indeed. Thanks for joining our embossing challenge at Holly Jolly Christmas.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very elegant!! I love the touch of gold that you added!! Thanks for playing along at Weekly Christmas Card Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous CAS card! Beautiful poinsettias! Thanks for joining us again at CSAYL! Good Luck!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Sue, I did giggle at your post. Very funny :)

    Am so pleased I'm not the only very slow crafter, your card today is absolutely gorgeous. LOVE those poinsetties (those alone would take me an age to die cut and assemble, perfectly set off against the white and gold. Super idea to have the beads in the centres too.

    Parsnip charges 50p to push you on the swings for 15 minutes - he's quite a wily bear, think he's saving up for a donkey so he can also give donkey rides in the Playground and make even MORE money :)

    Have a lovely day, hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sue....lovely elegant card.....perfect poinsettias....that srip of embossing justdoes the trick! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card sue! love the gorgeous blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such an awesome creation Sue. Love those flowers they are gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sue
    Fabulous card.... Love those Dies... Gorgeous...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those poinsettias are just lovely Sue. It's a terrific CAS card, so I'm not surprised you're pleased with it.

    BTW: I'll push you on the swings for FREE. That Parsnip is so mercenary!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Die cut they are just as lovely as embossed on vellum. I've left a tip for you on the CCC blog.
    This is a gorgeous card with fab poinsettias. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely gorgeous and so very, very elegant and stunning, oh I love this one! Really wonderful work Sue and I will never ever pick B&W plus one again as I had too many issues with that one too lol! I know we are supposed to push ourselves but sometimes I go too far. Have a good week huni Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous Christmas card. Your flowers are beautiful on this very elegant design.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n' Funky this week. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful!! Those poinsettias are stunning! They really don't need any other embellishment; so the CAS style is perfect for this card. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  30. As far as I'm concerned you nailed the CAS style with this card! Beautiful and elegant. Great job. I'm always very pleased with myself when I pull off the CAS style nicely too :o) Thanks so much for joining us this week at ASTM.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sorry I'm late in commenting. Your card is super for Karen's poinsettia challenge for CCC. (Don't forget you could also enter this for my CHNC challenge extra for May - would love to see it there too) x

    ReplyDelete
  32. So classy, so elegant and perfectly CAS. The contrast in colours makes this card extra special. LOVE it, Sue.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  33. Keep going making CAS cards, you're really good at it. This one is very elegant and stylish! Plus you can do them with coloured images too. Thanks for joining us at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Christmas Card challenges. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow I love your gorgeous design! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at ABC Challenge! Hugs Julie DT xox

    ReplyDelete
  36. You should be quite chuffed by this, Soup, it is absolutely divine!! Congratulations on being in the honor roll over at Pixie's - well-deserved!! This is going straight into my 'to CASE" folder! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx