Wednesday 15 November 2017

CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ROUND - NOVEMBER - CANDIES, COOKIES OR GINGERBREAD



Good morning fellow bloggers out there - I'm posting my mid-month reminder for the CCAYR Challenge today.  I've had this stamp for a while and thought as the theme included cookies (although over here we'd call them biscuits) this little cutie would be perfect.


I really enjoyed making this card because it was an idea which just came to me - like a light bulb moment!!!   Since having my own blog and becoming a DT member I've started using loads of digi images but my last three cards (one not yet posted) have all been stamps and I'd forgotten how rewarding it is to get a crisp image from a stamp I've inked and 'plotted'.

Ingredients

6" x 6" white card blank - Create and Craft (very old stash)
House Mouse Rubber stamp - 'Christmas Fireplace' set from Joanna Sheen
Sentiment stamp - 'Merry Little Christmas' set from Apple Blossom Clear Stamps
Label stamps - Christmas set from Lily of the Valley Clear Stamps
Tree Lights and rectangle die - Unbranded dies
Copics and Flexmarkers
White Glitter - free with magazine

I hope you can join in our challenge (here) we have a lovely crafty prize for the winner -


I'll say tara now 'cos I'm scheduling this one for tomorrow morning - hope I've done it right, I won't have time to fiddle with it 'cos we're going swimming and I'm hoping to manage at least 60 lengths before they kick us out!

Lots of big hugs to you all and I hope you are feeling OK.

Love Suexxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sue this is a stunning card I love it that mouse is so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Sue! Fabulous stamp and your colours and design are beautiful.
    hug
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Sue, lovely sweet image and gorgeous colours, love your design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How GORGEOUS, Sue (of course, everything you make is gorgeous), but this one warms my heart with the genius idea of using earth tones in the Christmas lights and all the vintage style sentiments. Beautiful creation! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, Sue! I feel the same way about using digis. Every now and then I look at my stash of stamps and think that I have to use them :-) Your card is lovely from the layout to the beautiful colours you used.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card you have created Sue, I am really warming to these little house mouse characters, love your sentiments and lovely colouring too.
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx