Sunday 1 May 2016

OSAAT DT CHALLENGE - NO 261 - ANYTHING GOES WITH VINTAGE


Hi there - well unfortunately my post is late because poop happens in life!!  I had this one all sorted ready to post when I realised I'd forgotten what the image was called - quick pop into my saved emails and I found it - she's called 'Holly Girl'.  However I also found out that I'd made a sweet little Christmas card but there was absolutely no - and I mean NO - reflection of it being 'Vintage' which funnily enough, is the theme this time.  Read on below - if you aren't yawning by now!!


Soooo - after I'd managed to get the image off the original card, I popped it through my Ebosser to flatten it and left it on my desk as I sorted the design for my vintage creation.  It'd started to rain by now so I nipped outside to get the washing in.  Unfortunately during this interlude Donny came running in - chasing Biscuit - not huge fans of rain, Biscuit then ran upstairs to his safe place which of course is on my desk!   I came back upstairs - happy that my washing was OK - only to find one ruddy great paw print on my picture.  We both adore our fur babies and Biscuit is so sweet - apart from his feet which are about the size of dirty great furry elephant trotters, needless to say I gritted my teeth and forgave them both!   However this meant I had to colour another image - at least I'd decided what colours to use - thank goodness.  So now you see why this card has been a real 'tinker' from the start.

I hope you can get your vintage creations made without all the trouble I had!!!  We really look forward to seeing them.  You could win a $10 voucher for digis from the Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet .



Ingredients

7" x 7" white card blank - Anna Marie Designs
Digi image - 'Holly Girl' by Coosty Creations at Stitchy Bears Digi Outlet
Dk red card - stash
Patterned card - 'Twig and Berry' 6.5" pad by Kaiser Craft
Dotty foiled card - 'Turtle Dove' 6.5" pad by Kaiser Craft
Sentiment - 'Twig and Berry' 6.5" pad by Kaiser Craft
Square Layering dies - Tonic Dies
Floral bits - Ancient stash from Create and Craft
Copic markers and one or two Spectrum Noir markers

You might (or might not) have read on my FB page that we started going swimming last week.  There's a session for 50+ peeps on Mondays and Thursdays so I thought that would be a nice and gentle start!  Blimey - they are all soooooooo fit - one lovely lady was getting out and and I asked her if she'd done her bit for the day and she said she'd swum her 24 lengths and at 80 years young that was enough for her.   I managed about 24ft before someone bumped me and that was it - enough to cause me to panic so I did me own sort of soggy aerobics at the shallow end.  Still got me heart rate up a bit - I've not been put off though and will be going again next week.  The two 'Life Guards' told me when it was quieter so we might try one of those times instead!    The maestro did a few lengths so he was happy and we had a real giggle - especially when I got back to the changing cubicle and realised that the 'hygienic plastic bit' was still in my new swimsuit!!!!!  Thought it was a bit crinkly when I was walking to and from the pool!   Ouch!

Oh well that's it for me I'm off to have a nice hot bath now 'cos me bones are aching! 

Take care of yourselves and don't forget to pop your vintage creations onto the OSAAT challenge this time.

Hugs to you all and take care.


Love Sue xxx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges

Christmas Challenge No 83 - Stamp or Digi Christmas

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card, great colours and love your leaves and berries arrnagement. Sometimes things are meant to be, so the fact that your first card was ruined by a paw print was kismet I reckon :) Your ditty made me smile, especially the part about the plastic crinkly bit, I'm still smiling ! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog, feel free to use the pic you mentioned and keep an eye for a new pic of our latest feline addition :) I think we do have a lot in common ! Regards, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Errrmmmm crinkly bit ?? lmaooooo I can just imagine it sheesh Agnes your so funny..lovely card and glad you enjoyed your day out:) lots of huggles Winnie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Sue.....you aren't half a character! Love your card, especially love the berry & leaves combo!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crinkly ouch! That's why I don't go swimming... that and the fact that I can't actually swim. But shhh, don't tell anyone! Fab card, Sue. The image is lovely.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sue, you do make me laugh, you're like a breath of fresh air! Know how you felt about the paw print on or image...I've often returned to my desk to find that Mathilda has been 'examining' what i've been doing...and decorated it with a pool of dog dribble...not terribly attractive!
    Good for you with the swimming, have thought about going myself but don't like all the wet! I can swim fine as long as know that I'm not out of my depth...as soon as too deep to stand up in I panic! A bit embarrassing.
    Fab card by the way, you got there in the end it's a lovely vintage design.
    hugs
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers and at The Glory of Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Vintage/ Traditional Christmas card ....you're off to a good start for all those cards we have to make as the year end looms. Loved your blog post....it made me smile and I'll definitely be visiting again to see how those swimming sessions go....think I would have been put off lol!! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies....I'm off to become a follower....see you soon. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. After all that, your end result is wonderful!!
    Thanks for playing along at Doodle Pantry's AIMPDC 17!
    Debbie (DP Creative Team)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous vintage card and great details! ♥ LOL poop happens! I laughed so hard reading this and about your cats, my Tamlin was the same, putting his pawprints everywhere.. wish I had saved a couple now that he's gone ♥
    Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers! Hope you will join us again! Remember to check back to see if you are one of our winners too :)
    And I'm so sorry to be late commenting! Had a bad month healthwise.. PS: I got a sweet blogcandy if you wanna join in! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Christmas card. Love the vintage feel it has. Thanks for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - thanks for joining us at the Sisters of Craft and we hope to see you again next month.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx