Monday 12 October 2015

CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ROUND - OCTOBER - NO STAMPING!!


Well hello there peeps!  I've been missing for a while now, September was busy for me personally and I only made one DT card (this one!).  I managed to do this one because our theme at CCAYR this month is 'No Stamping' which meant I could use the new Christmas kit I'd bought - so this one was very easy for me.  


Ingredients

I'll add these when I find them!  I did say it was a busy month! :)

I've only just posted it because I've been on 'nursing' duties for the maestro.   He wasn't supposed to go into hospital for his knee op until later on this month, but they phoned on Friday pm, 25 September and asked if he could get in the following day!!!  At least there was no time to sit and worry about it, we just had to have a quick dash to the shops and double up on rations - lol!  He was discharged on the Saturday afternoon and given a pair of crutches - which was fun... not  - in the end he borrowed my very colourful purple flowery walking stick and managed to get himself up and downstairs on his bottom.   He was getting on absolutely fine until Wednesday when he went upstairs and then promptly fell down the stairs.  Don't worry, he fell on his bum then did the scene from Carry on Doctor where Jim Dale goes down the stairs on a trolley (something like that) - must admit I was so relieved to find that all he had was a bruise on his derriere and carpet burns ..... on his elbows!!!   Always been an inventive little so and so has the maestro.    He actually had a little drive the other day - not very far - and said there was no pain or twinges at all so he's chuffed to bits and can't wait to get into the garden again.  Mind you he doesn't get his stitches out until next Wednesday 'cos the nurse at the GPs is sooooo busy.  I did offer to do it myself but he knows what I'm like when I'm digging sorry gently trying to retrieve a splinter from his finger!

Enuff about himself!  The theme for this month's challenge at CCAYR is No Stamping, so you can use toppers, die cuts, embellishments anything as long as you don't use a stamp or a digi image which you've coloured.  There's the rest of the month to enter and as Christmas is just around the corner, we'd love to see your creations.

Hugs to you all and thank you for the good wishes you have sent the maestro, he really does appreciate it!


Love  Sue xxx

8 comments:

  1. My word Sue you have been a busy girl and I wish him back on his feet soon!! Love this card, I still haven't got my kit out of it's box!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Agnes! really love it..I'm so glad 'Larry the limp' is so much better ..apart from his fall down the stairs!!! tell him to put more water in it!!! lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive card and love the chalk board effect. Sounds like fun and games in your house at the moment.,hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Sue, although I'm surprised you had any time at all to make anything with a convalescent husband to minister to! Sounds as if he's doing really well though and will hopefully be able to dispense with the flowery walking stick soon...if he doesn't keep doing stunts on the stairs!
    Hugs
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, I hope hubby gets on fine with is new knee, and makes a speedy recovery, what a shame about his fall, luckily no damage done.
    I love your card, really beautiful and super colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear he is doing so well .....this is my favourite craftwork card kit! Love your card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue me wonderful blogging mate.
    so glad all is okay with the maestro, and his op.
    Not good the fall though, and I do hope no lasting damage was done,
    Wonderful Christmas card, and fab design as usual.
    Love the chalkboard style.
    Love and biggest hugs from my house to yours.
    A big peck for pidgy.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card Sue, i love!!!
    Hugs from France!
    Fanny
    http://www.scrapdefannydg.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx