Sunday 5 October 2014

OSAAT DT - CHALLENGE NO 221 - ANYTHING GOES WITH THE COLOUR ORANGE!!!


Good afternoon peeps!  Well it is time for another OSAAT challenge and this fortnight the theme is 'Anything Goes with the Colour Orange'!  Now, some of my blog friends can use this colour with total aplomb .. eh Sooooz (aka Olliesmam), but I honestly have difficulty .  This bestest pal of mine has no problem whatsoever with orange and she makes the most gorgeous cards with this colour (here).  As you can see from my creation I went a tad OTT!  I love this little image so much, she's really cute with her bunny rabbit.


Just because the paper I used had some pink in it - well that was it - I went OTT with the pink as well!   All I can say is that if someone should receive this for their birthday - it will certainly stand out - I will enclose a pair of sunglasses of course!

Ingredients

Digi image is 'Hollie' by Kaz Krafts from Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet
7" x 7" White Card blank - Anna Marie Designs
Desert Blooms paper pad - First Edition
Flowered paper - free with a magazine
Mini Blooms and Midi Blooms - Tattered Lace Dies
Pierced Petal flowers - Marianne Dies
Labels Thirty Eight - Spellbinders Dies
Happy Birthday Sentiment - free with a magazine
Voile Valance Border - Tonic Punches
Flexmarkers
Card Candy - Craftwork Cards
Ribbon and gems - stash

I hope you will be able to take part in this fortnight's challenge over at OSAAT the prize is four digis and a paper pack - brilliant.


Looking forward to seeing your designs with the colour orange!

Thank you for coming over to my blog to see my cards, I actually managed to do some commenting yesterday which was really good for me.   I've had a few birthday cards to make recently (for my ex-colleague's twins) and also for the maestro - it was his birthday last Wednesday and he said he would like a new electric screwdriver and battery for his drill so what with my pedi-doodah and his screwdriver thingy we are buzzin'!!!

Thanks again for all your lovely comments, please take care - I'm sending you all big hugs!


Sue xxx
I would like to enter my card into the following 10 challenges (sorted this once but the blogger chose to lose it!)

Crafty Sentiments Challenge - http://www.craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/bingo-challenge.html  (Digi, Die-Cuts and Gems)
Inspiration Destination Challenge No 1 - http://ema-ginationstation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/AG-ch-1.html

26 comments:

  1. I think this is a fab card Sue with a lovely image. Your orange nd pink takes me back to the sixties when we we wearing those colours plus bright green, all the time! Ah those were the days. Like you, I really struggle with orange and I was thinking of Sue when I was doing mine too! She certainly is the Queen of Orange! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very brave and so cool to see pinks and oranges together and you cracked it with this one Sue, turned out perfect. Like you and Christine, I dread orange, a colour I don't wear, have in my house (apart from the ones we eat :)) or work with, orange and I are on totally different wave lengths. I take my hat off to you for this creation :) :) big hugs, Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fab missus! oh my missed Graham's birthday :( please give him lots and lots of belated birthday huggles from us all here!!!!!!!!!!!! I have written the date down now for future reference!!!! queen of the blobs now queen of the orange! you and Christine are so very kind but you know me I soooo lack confidence. But I love this card nothing wrong with it at all your pink and orange go fab together lots of huggles from us all here Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you Sue. I don't like orange all that well either. Nothing worse than having to use a colour that you don't like, but you have one a great job with this card. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, me wonderful blogging mate,
    it was lovely to see you doing a little blogging yesterday, I sure have missed your wonderful input.
    I do hope you are feeling so much better now.
    Beautiful card and fab image wonderfully coloured too.
    Your designing is always perfect, and I don't think it's too bright.
    You are right about Sue, she does have a lovely way with that orange colour, and yellows too.
    Belated Birthday wishes to Graham, is he 21 again this year. lol.
    Love and biggest (((HUGS ))) to all in the P household.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Sue, I love it, cos they are my colours, lovely little image so cute and all your layering and embellishments are beatiful, and well done for using colours you don't like all that much, it's a great work, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Sue. I love the sweet image and the colours look wonderful.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue
    Nothing wrong with a bit of orange to brighten a dull day so it makes me smile.
    Bet the neighbours are wondering what the pair of you are up to with all that buzzing lol!
    Have a great weeek.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue this is fab orange is such a warm colour and love it on your card. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous Sue and not OTT at all. Very pretty.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a beautiful card!

    Thanks for playing with us the first challenge of Inspiration Destination!

    Good Luck and I hope see you again!

    Gr. Meggi DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue I'm back again. This time to thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us at Crafty Sentiments. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab card, love the bright colors
    thanks for playing with us at di's digi
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautifully coordinated card.It has a lovely warm feel to it.Great use of all those pretty dies too.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, this is adorable! I love the orange and pink combination. I don't think it's too bright at all. Happy to have you link with us at the Die Cuttin' Divas.
    ~Dusty Rae
    Dust Makes Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Sue thank you for joining us on our First challenge over at Inspiration Destination
    Hugs Dianne x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cannot thank you enough for playing along with my Dream Team and me on the launch of our new ATG challenge blog!

    About your card... I am so loving the orange of it all! One of my favorite colors and you've really done well mixing it with that hot pink! Love it! Great design and what a super cute image! xx

    Again, thanks for joining us for our current ATG challenge. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    Inspiration Destination - Owner

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so cute. Love the colors. Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How very pretty! Nice coloring of the darling image!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Sue, such a pretty card, love the colours, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great vibrant colours, love the die cuts, especially the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Pinspirational Challenges. Marina DT.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How very sweet! Thanks for joining in the fun at our Anything Goes Challenge at Bugaboo Stamps this week – I hope you are drawn as one of the winners. Please enter again this week when we have a brand new challenge and wonderful prizes to be won.
    luv’n huggz
    Jen L
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just fabulous creation, awesome colours, and goodies used.xxx
    aNNie xx

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a stunning card, I love the image and the choice of colors. Thank you for joining us for this moths challenge. Sylvie, Craft for the Craic DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great design - thanks for joining us this week at 4 Krafty Girlz!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty. That image is so lovely and your colouring terrific. thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx